Axonics® is dedicated to improving the quality of life of people suffering from bladder and bowel dysfunction, conditions that impact the lives of tens of millions of adults globally. The Company’s products include the Axonics Sacral Neuromodulation System designed to treat overactive bladder and faecal incontinence and the Bulkamid® hydrogel designed to treat women with stress urinary incontinence.
Bulkamid is a minimally invasive and long-lasting treatment for bladder leaks caused by stress urinary incontinence (SUI). SUI is a condition where unwanted bladder leaks happen during normal daily activities such as coughing, laughing, or exercising.
Bulkamid is a urethral bulking agent that is used to treat stress urinary incontinence. It is a soft, water-based gel that can be used to restore the natural closing of the urethra. Bulkamid remains in the body over time without causing reactions in the surrounding tissue.1
Bulkamid is a safe and effective treatment, with 92% of women reporting being cured or improved.2 The procedure is a series of 3-4 small injections that takes around 10 to 15 minutes under local anaesthetic3 and is clinically proven to deliver symptom relief out to seven years4.
Find out more information at www.bulkamid.com or speak to your doctor about Bulkamid.
Axonics Sacral Neuromodulation Therapy
Overactive bladder, fecal incontinence, and urinary retention can be caused by abnormal communication between the brain and bladder or bowel. Axonics Sacral Neuromodulation Therapy provides gentle stimulation to the nerves that communicate between the brain, bladder, and bowel. This advanced therapy restores normal communication which can result in symptom improvement.
Axonics Sacral Neuromodulation Therapy treats: Overactive Bladder, Faecal Incontinence, Urinary Retention
The Axonics SNM System delivers mild electrical pulses to the area of the sacral nerve located near the tailbone. These gentle pulses can restore bladder control while not changing normal urinary and bowel function. The system is implanted in an operating room. You may be given general anesthesia or a mild anesthetic along with local sedation and patients usually go home on the same day as the procedure.
One study found that 93% of patients experienced clinically significant improvements after being implanted with the Axonics Sacral Neuromodulation System and 94% were satisfied with their therapy5.
For more information about the procedure and to see if Axonics Sacral Neuromodulation Therapy is suitable for you, please visit www.axonics.com.
- Chapple C, Dmochowski R. Particulate Versus Non-Particulate Bulking Agents in the Treatment of Stress Urinary Incontinence. Res Rep Urol. 2019; 11: 299–310.
- Itkonen-Freitas AM et al. Tension Free Vaginal Tape Vs Polyacrylamide Hydrogel Injection For Primary Stress Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized Controlled Trial. J Urol. Vol 203, 372 – 378, 2020.
- Bulkamid Patient Information Leaflet 4. Brosche et al. Seven-Year Efficacy and Safety
- Brosche et al. Seven-Year Efficacy and Safety Outcomes of Bulkamid for the Treatment of Stress Urinary Incontinence. Neurourol Urodyn. Vol 40(1):502-508, 2021
- Pezzella A, McCrery R, Lane F, et al. Two-year outcomes of the ARTISAN-SNM study for the treatment of urinary urgency incontinence using the Axonics rechargeable sacral neuromodulation system [in press]. Neurourol Urodyn. 2021.